Four Sundays of April: The Birthday

Dear Shallom,
Happy birthday to you manny, you've done great things for a person of your age and you deserve lots of praise for that
I've know you from your conception and I'll always know you till eternity
All your life I've tried to b e the guide I was meant to be in your life
You've made mistakes in the past, some you corrected, some you didn't
You've made giant strides, some remarkable, some not
Most importantly, you've always done things your way and that determination make me accord you great respect

You're a piece of shit yourself, remarkable evidence of misplaced priorities
I don't know from where you get your ideologies and theories that define your obnoxious persona
Even so your narcissism is so much a wonder

I've seen you and been with you in all your phases and spheres
I've seen you grow through infancy, what a troublesome babe you were,
I've seen you pass through childhood in the lonely neighbourhood and your few friends,
I've seen you causing troubles here and there and covering it with your innocent face, naughty kid
I've seen you excel in your academics, book worm
I've seen you develop a desire for God, very impressive I'll say
I've seen you exploit your writing skills and the commercial success innit
I've seen you be the lazy self acclaimed critique, sucks for you
I've seen you mentor others greatly
I've seen seen you be the intellectual I taught you to be
I've seen you fallen in love with the most unlikely person ever
I've seen you during your your first heart break with the girl of your dreams, yea those were hard times for, boy went savage
I've seen you being a baller and fuck boy
I've seen you attending turn ups and downing energy drinks lots of times
I've seen you grow nonchalant about people
I've seen you become antisocial
I've seen you diminish to an ambivert or whatever the fuck you describe it
I've seen you claim to be a sadistic sociopathic misogynist, jargons and bullshit
I've seen you plaster firm and stern visages always
I've seen you work in positions far beyond your capability
I've seen you manage events and activities to your best ability
I've seen you develop strong self esteem despite bullying here and there
I've seen you messed up big time and fucked with the wrong people
I've seen you grow arrogant and strong headed
I've seen a lot of things in all your Eighteen years of life, drama and tales always

In the passing of these times and seasons, I saw lots of your shortcomings
Despite your flaws and bad vibes, despite your influence and benevolence, your the best at what you do in your own way
I wish you to see beyond your mistakes and small stature to develop a better personality for yourself and those looking up to you

I'm not in the position to say all these
Heck ion even know shit I've spit
These words of foolish, empty thoughts and imaginations
All an array of basic thrash, meaningless
But from a friend, a foe, a backbone and a non player character, do your shit
Eyes on you but fuck em
Be the best you with regards to the Creator

Happy birthday Shallom.
You're the King, you deserve your throne

Yours truly
Shallom

Pen out
©️ Hypeman