Valentine's Piece

Every dew that trips down petals,
Each drop that slides through each leaf,
And nips through its shallow roots,
Your essence is unknown even to you until you hit the ground.

You violate every law of attraction to glimpse at me,
I'm divorced from beauty and splendor,
Estranged from wholesome good look,
A prototype of imperfections unsuccessful launched.

Touch my rib cage and feel the neurones that flow through me,
Sink your fingers in me and pluck out my veins,
I'm like a zombie skeleton, dehydrated with lack of brain juice.
My sad eyes bulging from the tiny sockets that hold em.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder,
My looks are shit but you don't tell me so,
Because you don't believe it,
You know who I am, in the inside.
Never judge a book by it's cover,
But what if the cover don tear,

I'm a beautiful creature, God de create but I look like shit.
Hidden hideous beauty, that's me.
My intellect make you mesmerised by the wisdom I spew.
My cracked voice don't hide the volumes of knowledge in my brain.

Touches from caregivers will bring to shape my physique,
Send me to therapy and watch metamorphosis take its toll.
If life is poison you're the dote, lace me with your breath.
Take my hands and lead me to the badlands.

You loved me when you can't,
You loved me when you mustn't,
You loved me when you shouldn't,
If it had to be, then it's all on you.

©️ Shallom et Asabe